Friday, September 3, 2010

ArtFire Collection: Ethnic Treasures & Summertime Yellows by CorinnaCiera

ArtFire Collections continue to feature Brizel wares... and although the initial spurt of Collection creativity took respite after a few weeks, I still have a lot of them to share with you !

Today, I am pleased to be doing a double feature... Thanks to CorinnaCiera for creating two Collections featuring Brizel Supplies' Guatemalan sash fabrics...

ETHNIC TREASURES
ETHNIC TREASURES is dynamic and interesting in all its subtle flavors and colors. To view this Collection on ArtFire click HERE. My favorite piece is a painting depicting African Dancers, women wearing their beautiful fabrics.

SUMMERTIME YELLOWS
SUMMERTIME YELLOWS is full of citric zest... delightfully cheerful & warming to behold... click HERE to view this Collection on ArtFire. I particularly enjoyed the Giclee art print of a New Orleans house :)

Both these Collections featured Brizel Supplies' handwoven sash fabrics from Guatemala...


A thunderbird red multicolor sash with shimmering accent lines (n.07) and a cheerful yellow multicolor sash with green, black, purple & red stripes (n.21).

These fabrics are fine quality hand woven textiles... reclaimed from Las Manos, a business that through FAiR TRADE principles commissioned their creation directly from the weavers in Guatemala. Las Manos went out of business some years ago... and I 'inherited' (so to speak) approx 80 different rolls with distinct designs & colors. Come visit Brizel Supplies... these wide ethnic cotton sash fabrics are perfect for belting, costumes, decorative trim, guitar straps and many other embellishing projects...

Click HERE to visit Brizel Supplies studio !

I dabbled in paper making some years ago, and of course have a love of textiles & fabrics with colorful designs and motifs so I had fun visiting CorinnaCiera's studio on ArtFire...


Handmade ethnic cards with African prints

"This set of 6 large, ethnic cards include a variety of prints with an african safari flair. Each card has a different cardstock print outside and is lined with a sturdy, coordinating, solid color cardstock. Parchment paper is attached inside allowing you to write your own sentiments. These are all-occasion cards. Each card measures 5.6" x 5.5."

Handmade set of note cards

"These 8 note cards are made of sturdy cardstock overlaid with beautiful print cardstock with dots of glitter. The insides are blank for you to write your own sentiments. Each card measures 3" x 5.5"

I enjoyed getting to know a little about Corinna:

"I am a retired Registered Nurse who stays very busy. I also have a fascination with colors, whether in fiber or with paper. As a child, I made colorful clothing designs in paper for my paper dolls. It seems I've always kept my hands busy with crafts, from drawing with colors to full-fledged sewing projects. These have included designing and making home decor including drapery, wall hangings, bedspreads, quilts, pillows, etc...

In recent years, I have also found time to enjoy paper crafting as I did as a young girl, with an emphasis on greeting cards. Although I no longer nurse persons back to health, I have chosen to promote the maintenance of health through a reduced stress lifestyle which can be achieved by one's own spirituality and, in part, by hobbies or projects that bring pleasure to the soul."

Click HERE to visit the CorinnaCiera Studio !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a positive comment :)
I shall publish it as soon as i read it...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...