Monday, August 3, 2009

A belated thanks for the BLOG FEATURE !

On July 25th, Kristen from PlanetPlayground.etsy.com was awesome enough to feature me on her blog as her Friday Eco Fabulous Seller, you can visit here to take a peak: http://www.theplanetsaplayground.blogspot.com/

This is the write up I submitted in answering "What do I do that makes me a Green business ?"

"I approach everything that I do and make... with a consciousness and awareness... that is focused on the well being of everything and every being that might have been effected in producing any and all components that were used in making the product. Its a tough process... because essentially there is an impossibility to this task... every action has an impact, for better or for worse. I try to be concerned not only for the environment but also for animals and humans. Being a green business, to me, means that I want to minimize that impact as much as possible.

When I am looking to buy crafting supplies, its usually because i've become enamored with a specific 'something': often its made of something that was reclaimed (like the silk sari yarn i use)... or was rescued from being thrown out (like the Guatemalan sashes)... or its a vintage item that wants to be re-used (like the buttons i'm obsessed with)... or its an eco-friendly product (like the renewable tagua nut wood)... or its made of natural material (like ceramic clay beads or silk yarn made from banana fibers)... or its a local material (like the apple wood that i grow and prune myself).

Then I also apply those sensibilities to how I package my products- both in presentation and shipment. The jewelry goes into handmade draw string bags that will be cherished and re-used by the new owners... I try to find packaging supplies that are made from recycled materials and that would also be easily recyclable or reusable by the recipient. I reuse packaging materials as extra measures: such as bottle caps- gently used bubble wrap & envelopes- paper & plastic bags- colorful pasta boxes. However I never compromise on the beauty of the presentation as I want to keep everything looking lovely & on a professional level. I love what I do and I want it to show :)

and lastly, I try not be excessive about anything because I believe that being green is about being humble with all resources !

THANK YOU so much for featuring me on your blog :)
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a positive comment :)
I shall publish it as soon as i read it...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...