Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome Breed !


I've been looking forward to putting together this Treasury for weeks now... Inspired by the beautiful sunny weather and 80F temperatures today... I took the leap towards the sunbeam ! "Welcome Breed, ohhhhh Breed is come, Breed is Welcome !"

Brighid, Brigit,
Breed, Brit
... Brigid, a Celtic Goddess of many spellings highlights this Treasury dedicated to our upcoming cross quarter sabbat... a ceremony also known as Imbolc, Candlemass, the feast of St Brighid and the festival of lights.


Welcome Breed,
Ohhhh Breed is come,
Breed is Welcome !
click HERE to visit Treasury


Imbolc, St Brigid's day, Candlemass, the festival of lights is fast approaching !

Up here in the mountains of No. California, it is a magical time when we experience a spring in the midst of our rainy winters.

It is a time for reflection & a time to feel light renewing within ourselves.

I've been cleaning house, watering my gardens, pruning my apple trees & getting ready to make this year's apple wood Brigid Crosses...




"Brizel Brigit Crosses are a very unique adaptation of a Brigid Cross, made of apple wood which i grow and prune myself, and is perfect for your home or as a house warming blessing gift !

The wood is carefully sewn together with colored hemp string... purple in the center and an elemental/directional color for each of the arms of the cross. There is a loop at the back for it to hang from.

This particular Brizel apple wood Brigit Cross measures approx 5.5" x 5.5" (14 cm)

If you'd like me to custom create a Brigid Cross for a specific household... please see this listing:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/64974124/made-for-you-brigid-cross-imbolc-house"

If you are an ArtFire person... here is the link to the apple wood Brigid Crosses in my ArtFire studio, Brizel Handcrafts: http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=1609560


***

I love -every- single product that I chose to feature in this special Collection... and yet, when needing to choose only four items, here are those extraordinary ones that spoke to me (choose me, me, me !) lol...




- Clicking on the subtitles
will take you to the individual
product listings & artisan shops -

Wishing all of you peaceful & joyous times ahead !

3 comments:

  1. So many great works here!
    Thanks for sharing St. Brigid with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply stunning. You can sure tell that much thought and love went into this. I LOVE that shoulder bag as well...but how difficult to choose a fave!! Wonderful, Nicole!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a positive comment :)
I shall publish it as soon as i read it...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...