Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wood Chew Sticks are back... Pruning season is here !


Its now pruning season here at Twilight, which means I can upcycle the apple, pear, quince and mulberry branches and create organic Gourmet Chew Sticks for the owners of pet rabbits, chinchillas, rats, guinea pigs and... birds.

That's right... the aviary population now have their very own product: white mulberry wood sticks. Morus is on an official & reputable list of safe woods that can be given to pet birds which is very exciting since it allows me to expand the existing repertoire of Brizel's organic Gourmet Chew Sticks that benefit and bring happiness to small critters.
All Brizel's Chew Sticks have been pruned from my very own orchard... I raise these trees myself and do not use ANY spray on them, either chemical or organic... so the branches are 100% all natural, unsprayed, untreated, pest-free raw wood. Furthermore, my fruit trees are located in a remote area- far away from any commercial vineyard or agricultural area- so the wood has not been exposed to any airborne pesticide / herbicide spray either.

I know how extra cautious bird pet owners can be... so if one wishes to sterilize or clean the wood before hand... here are two different methods that have been suggested by "bird experts":

a) Boil the wood for about 15 minutes, then bake in the oven at a low temperature (250) for a few hours, until completely dry.

b) Scrub wood down with a 50% water/Vinegar mixture. Allow to air dry inside for 24 hours. Bake in oven at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
Although I am not an expert on chew treats for such animal friends... I started to sell the apple & pear wood Gnawer sticks two years ago and sold out each season getting rave reviews and feedback from owners of rabbits, chinchillas, ratties alike.

If you've never tried them before... you may want to check with your vet or pet store to make sure that your pet breed may like to chew on them & what kind is good for them. Of course, I cannot make any guarantees whether your pets will or not since animals are individuals too :)

Here are my latest tantalizing product photos on the pear & apple wood products...
Available now at Brizel4TheAnimals
Ships out via Priority Class Mail !
xo

1 comment:

  1. Those look soooo yummy! And I'm not even a rodent - I don't think anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a positive comment :)
I shall publish it as soon as i read it...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...