Friday, May 20, 2011

If there is Magic on this Planet, it is Contained in Water...


I'm on a roll this week... today I want to share an extra special Etsy Treasury that brizel4TheAnimals was included on...


If there is Magic on this Planet...
it is Contained in Water
curated by ArtsDesireable
Click HERE to visit Treasury !


The title of the Treasury is a quotation by Loran Eiseley from his book: The Immense Journey: An Imaginative Naturalist Explores the Mysteries of Man and Nature, 1957.

I must admit that I do not recollect having any knowledge of Loran Eiseley... evidently he was "an American anthropologist, educator, philosopher, and natural science writer, who taught and published books from the 1950s through the 1970s."

"He was noted as a “scholar and writer of imagination and grace,” which gained him a reputation and record of accomplishment far beyond the campus where he taught for 30 years. Publishers Weekly referred to him as "the modern Thoreau." (wikipedia)

Other wonderful quotes by this writer:

“The journey is difficult, immense. We will travel as far as we can, but we cannot in one lifetime see all that we would like to see or to learn all that we hunger to know.”

“One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other than human.”

Speaking of eyes and reflections... this is the Brizel item
that was included in this wondrous Treasury...



..." An exquisite school of finger fish swim in the ocean blue... so realistic and wondrous... in silvery blues with blueberry tones."


THANKS for the feature Artsdesireable !

by Douglas Maxwell of ArtsDesireable


- ABOUT Douglas Maxwell -

"I have always been passionate about Art. I have worked as an Art Director in advertising, a Creative Director of a Children’s Book Publishing Company. I have worked as a Creative Consultant for The Beatles, then Paul McCartney and published and managed Roger Mc Gough - the UK’s best selling poet."

"I have written about Art too, interviewing several major contemporary artists, among them Robert Rauschenberg, Sir Peter Blake and the Photographer David Bailey. I could go on, but I’ll restrain myself."

"Throughout all these years I’ve made pictures, taken photographs. I have always loved landscape and seascape- painting, drawing also in photography. Recently I have rediscovered Collage, and have produced several series in Limited Edition form."


2 comments:

  1. Great magical T!

    So nice to learn about artsdesirable!!

    Love the quotes from Loran Eiseley!

    I hadn't heard of him before. Such wonderous knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting. I loved that first selection in the T. And am surprised that shop has had no sales!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a positive comment :)
I shall publish it as soon as i read it...
THANKS for visiting !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...